27. April 1945
30 men of the assault force of 311.US pioneer battalion of the regiment helped to cross the Danube. A German lying on the shore ferry was used very effectively with translation.
The 1.Bataillon, 341.US Infantry Regiment led the assault against Vohburg, the 2nd and 3 Battalion pushed past Vohburg.

During the early morning hours the bridge was able to head to the other side of Ingolstadt the 342.US Infantry Regiment to be extended. At 09:00 clock, the Pioneers a pontoon bridge across the Danube is ready.
The Company L, 342.US Infantry Regiment, was ordered to secure the bridge. The armed forces took several attempts to penetrate the American lines and destroy the bridge.

Three miles inland joined the 1st and 2nd U.S. Infantry Battalion on strong German resistance, as the battalions of a fortress in a marshalling yard approached. After several hours of vigorous German fire, the fortress could be taken jointly by the companies G and F.
Meanwhile, could the 3rd Battalion of the day's destination (Neider, pimples, and Ringsee Manching) reach and a Line of defense set up.
At 11:30 the clock command post of the Division of Eitensheim was transferred to Ingolstadt.
At 13:00 the clock 342.US Infantry Regiment was pulled out of the front and replaced by the 343.US Infantry Regiment. The 343.US Infantry Regiment immediately pushed further south and captured the towns of Ernsgaden, Eleenhausen and Reichertshausen.

The armored infantry company of the Infantry Regiment 343.US ran on the way to Landshut in an ambush. A Ammunition vehicle was shot by a German bazooka fire. could PFC L. Gill of West Virginia Despite the strong German fire from well-prepared positions, and the exploding ammunition own Defense build up and cause severe shock to the Germans.

Meanwhile, David E. Kelly met Staff Sergeant with two comrades of Company A, 343.US Infantry Regiment on a reconnaissance company at three German half-track vehicles with ammunition and gasoline. They opened with their heavy guns, fire and killed a driver. The German cars on fire attracted the attention of the local German unit, which was immediately supported by heavy artillery and machine gun fire answered. Then had to give up his position PFC Gill.
Take cover PFC Gill noted that was missing one of his comrades. PFC Gill turned back immediately and saved his wounded comrade from the field of fire. For his heroism was awarded PFC Gill.

Meanwhile, the pontoon bridge by heavy German artillery was fired. A direct hit destroyed the Ropes, but held the bridge. The telephone cable on the bridge were cut and PFC Eldon C. Sherman volunteered to repair it.

28. April 1945
In a wide front could increase the 86.US Infantry Division bridgehead on the Danube. The 343.US Infantry Regiment on the right and the 341.US Infantry Regiment on the left 341.US Infantry Regiment as a reserve. The Division received from the headquarters of the III. Corps clock at 18.00, the new available space allocated. These were the 29th at 05:00 clock April reached.
The 341.US Infantry Regiment was seriously impeded by his transfer due to lack of fuel. This could not supply vehicles to keep up with the infantry. Despite this handicap at the Gaden places Geisenfeld and Osterwaal were taken.

Captain Donnald H. Baumer, 342.US Infantry Regiment, 3rd Battalion was on the march to the motorway Berlin-Munich, when he came across a town with walls. After a personal reconnaissance, he ordered a troop surge to take the town. The group approached the city walls under heavy fire. Captain Baumer discovered a tunnel leading under and through the city wall. He then changed his plan of attack. The SS unit was surprised by suddenly appearing in the town Americans completely.

The 343.US Infantry Regiment was now continuing their advance on the highway and took the towns of King's Field, Fahlen Bach, Burg Toll, Wolzach, winches, Langenbruck Season Gembach, Ronz and Eschelbock over of the day.

29. April 1945
With the dawn of the continued rise of a 86.US Infantry Division. Quickly reach the units southeast, away from the highway into the hilly terrain, with its two major rivers Isar and Amper. The headquarters is moved from Ingolstadt to Wolzach. The 343.US Infantry Regiment Infantry Regiment 341.US right, the left and the 342.US Infantry Regiment as a reserve. At 17:30 the clock 341.US Infantry Regiment of the Infantry Regiment 342.US will be replaced.

Clock at 13.45 reached the 341.US Infantry Regiment in the rapid advance of an intact bridge over the Amper. The Advance party of the regiment, surprised the German demolition squad and made the explosive charges harmless, before the German forces could intervene on the other side. The Isar was reached before dark.

During the day the city was conquered Geroldshausen. At dusk the following places were exempt: Keetersdorf, Amper Hausen, Hursbach, Kirchdorf, Tunzhausen, Holzhausen, Zolling, Marzling and Freising.
In the sector of the Infantry Regiment 343.US all bridges across the channel amps were blown up. At the eastern end of the sector of the U.S. IV Corps, however, a bridge can be secured.

The 343.US Infantry Regiment swung into the area of 14.US Armored Division, crossed the bridge Amper and waved back to their original application. Before 343.US Infantry Regiment was now Freising and the Isar. The 1 and 3 Battalion launched a joint attack and fell after heavy fighting, the city at 19.00 clock in American hands.

The 2 Battalion was now on the battlefield, and reached the banks of the Isar. This could be linked to the 342.US Infantry Regiment are produced, which just replaced the 341.US Infantry Regiment in combat.
About 700 American POWs were freed in a camp near the river Isar near Freising.

The 342.US Infantry Regiment continued the advance continued on the left flank towards Moosburg, and reached the German Stalag VII B. The 342.US Infantry Regiment liberated the villages and Osseltshausen Attenkirchen. At 22.00 clock relative position of the three battalions along the Isar River at Wingham, Schmidt Hausen and Hague, in preparation for the Isar to cross.
At 2300 General Melasky clock was to cross the release of the Isar. As X-time, the 30th April 1945 at 01.00 clock set.

3rd Battalion, Infantry Regiment was again ordered 342.US, translating to perform because of their outstanding achievements in the crossing of the Danube. After the 342.US Infantry Regiment at 01:45 clock formed a bridgehead had crossed the 343.US Infantry Regiment at 02.45 clock upstream of the river Isar and formed a second beachhead led by the companies I and K.

Both companies were attacked by strong German forces in the flank. The situation stabilized only could intervene as another U.S. assault group and a gun in train to support the fight. The U.S. Infantrykompanien extended the bridge head on and liberated in the course of a few places. Both regiments, the 342nd and 343.US Infantry Regiment could unite and went against the Isar canal.

The wounded were taken by assault boats back across the river Isar and ambulances continue to Freising down. The 311.US Medical Battalion was there next to the headquarters of the 86.US Infantry Division a advanced dressing station set up.
An ambulance drove by Technical Sergeant / 5 Jacob F. Vogt and PFC Harold E. Freed, fell into an ambush with about 20 German soldiers. Jacob Vogt jumped from the vehicle and snatched a German weapon. While the two Soldiers were fighting with each other, fired all his ammunition PFC Freed assailants on. The two paramedics were overwhelmed. Through their use of the ambulance but was able to escape.

30. April 1945
The 86.US Infantry Division was moving slowly southwest. All its vehicles and heavy weapons were laid as long on the north bank of the Isar struck up a pontoon bridge could be. At 12:00 clock approached the advance units of the 342nd and 343.US Infantry Regiment to about 70 m the channel. Air reconnaissance reported that all bridges were destroyed across the Channel.
The German units contributed fierce resistance here. For the 86.US Infantry Division of the strongest resistance since the Battle of the Ruhr. The 342nd and 343.US Infantry Regiment captured Schwaig and Oberding. At 13:00 clock fell Eitting.

When the 343.US penetrated Infantry Regiment towards the canal, a patrol led by Lieutenant Warren Parkins discovered south of the intact channel Led by Eitting. Parkins sought quickly to the tunnel entrance, which was blocked at the other end of a roadblock. He severed the ignition leads before the German fuses could prevent this. Then the patrol was taken under heavy fire. The reconnaissance patrol in strength of 19 men, held covered by the roadblock several German attacks against the tunnel was. A counter attack was over in a melee. The squad was shocked by Company K. The tunnel was cleared of Company C, 311.US pioneer battalion. The 343rd regiments and 341 moved to. By taking the tunnel was a dangerous translating through the channel, and the flooding of large parts of the area to be avoided.

Another squad of Company K, commanded by Staff Sergeant Firavich Antony was forced by strong machine gun and rifle fire to retreat. Firavich took up the rear, covering the disengagement. For his outstanding performance was awarded Firavich. After securing the tunnel was the 3rd Battalion of Infantry Regiment 343.US placed in reserve to take shape after the heavy losses again. The 1st and 2nd Battalion led the attack continued. Nearby Eittinger, 30 Air Force members of the famous fighter squadron 2 "Richthofen" captured. These soldiers were used as foot soldiers in the rebellion. A clear sign that the German air force was destroyed.

As the 3rd Battalion 342.US Infantry Regiment reached the canal, they discovered a narrow suspension bridge. A group of three men led by PFC Billy P. Rudisill, Company K, 342.US Infantry Regiment, seized the opportunity immediately and secured the small bridge over the canal. Rudisill and his comrades were two hours on the South Shore, and thwarted any attempt to get the bridge back in "German hands."

At 16.00 Clock Company K crossed the bridge and turned left towards mountain folk. The company commander Captain McAllister was in the attempt to storm a mountain learning to the head of his unit killed. As Company K occupied the mountain folk, was immediately by Col. Pete T. Heffner, commanding officer of the headquarters of the 2nd Division and 3 Battalion ordered to cross the bridge to secure this bridgehead.

While the Company I, Infantry Regiment 342.US getting ready to put on the bridge, was Captain William O'Neil Edmond Richardson and radio operator in the attempt in the book head contact with Company K to produce surprised by a large in-put German counter-attack and captured. Both were freed at the end of the War of the Infantry Division 42.US. Then when the 2nd battalion reached the bridge she reached immediately into the fighting, destroying any resistance at the bridge. Numerous German counter-attacks were waged against them. Especially did the Staff Sergeant Willis R. Cates, Company G out, when he was building to ensure its own security without his men a line of defense to stop the German counter-attack. In this attempt he was killed, but his actions inspired his men so much that she could hold the line.

The supply of vorgeprellten units became increasingly difficult, as all heavy vehicles were set beyond the Isar. Wounded had to be taken back and board did not reach the front. Technical Sergeant / 5 Marion J. Foglesong, Company B, 311.US Medical Battalion volunteered for blood plasma by bringing the Isar and the canal. Similarly, plasma was dropped from airplanes with parachutes. During the night, a road bridge was built across the Isar and the troops received the much-needed supplies.

During the day questioned the PFC's Alexander Dennis Irvin and Rose a German prisoner, and learned the In the next place (or Ms. Wartenberg mountain) is a German General Staff, together with 200 men and bivouac. Undaunted The two soldiers then marched into the storage area and demanded to speak to the General. This application was accepted. They asked the General, but he should give, for any further resistance would be futile. Together with the General 200 men surrendered.

As the day marched the 341.US Infantry Regiment forward to solve the 343.US Infantry Regiment. The 343.US Infantry Regiment was your toughest ordeal in Ingolstadt.
A reconnaissance patrol was in Company F of the Oberrottenegg in an ambush. PFC Franklin D. Purrington crawled from cover to cover until it reaches a position where he could fire into the enemy position. Aggressively doing he admitted two buildings and captured seven infantrymen plus equipment. Staff Sergeant John L. Jernigan distinguished himself as taking out a tank destruction squad, which fired on an American reconnaissance vehicle. As of April came to an end, had the 3rd and 7 U.S. army almost broken through all the defenses in southern Germany. Munich was just 8 miles south of 86.US Infantry Division. And was occupied by the 42.und the 45.US Infantry Division and the 20.US Armored Division. North of Munich was the 14.US Panzer Division, on the left flank of the 86.US Infantry Division. The biggest question that moved the men was, "How long it lasts until the end of the war!"

1. May 1945
The 1 May was a gloomy day for the Blackhawks. It rained all day and it thus delaying the advance. When day dawned the 342.US Infantry Regiment began their advance on the left flank of the division, the 343.US Infantry Regiment was on the right flank of the division. The 341.US Infantry Regiment marched from Attenkirchen after Eitting and was preparing to replace the 343.US Infantry Regiment.

The education department of the 86.US Infantry Division (86th SQD Rec.) Began to clean up the conquered land was scattered and cut off German units. The temporarily assumed 23rd Cav Rcn SQD (education department) was used as a link to the adjacent divisions.
The 343.US Infantry Regiment has now been cut off after it left behind a battalion to the tunnel at to guard Eitting to attack military facilities in Erding. Erding was also a transport hub of eight main streets and was considered tactically important town of the Nazi defenders. The Waffen-SS occupied the area in front of the city.

The American artillery fired the city assault. It took part in the 911th U.S. field artillery battalion with 300 shots, the 404th U.S. Field Artillery Battalion 100 shot and the 364.US field artillery battalion of the the 86th U.S. Infantry Division was requested, and was in Freising with 100 shots 240mm.
After this fire preparation 343.US Infantry Regiment stormed the clock at 08.00 to Erding. At 11:00 clock the city was in American hands. In the afternoon, could be taken of Erding. It captured the Division seven undamaged aircraft, warehouses full of liberated with air weapons and equipment Italian foreign workers who did duty as a shipyard personnel in air base.

The 342.US Infantry Regiment liberated Langenpreising, boobs, Mayrhofen, Pesenlern, Riding, Grucking, flash and horn Fenugreek in the course of the morning without any significant resistance.
In the afternoon, hit the G company against a German defensive line near Langengeisling and lost 18 men Company I came under heavy artillery fire to by German reconnaissance aircraft was directed. Two planes were shot down by infantry weapons and fell near of St.Wolfgang from.

In the afternoon it began snowing heavily and after a few hours the landscape was white. The infantry Infantry Regiment of the 342.US, hungry and hypothermic, continued their march away and freed Oberndorf, Rappolskirchen, Lander village and St. Wolfgang. The weather deteriorated and raged from 17.00 a clock Snowstorm by the Danube area, which continued the next day.